Thursday, December 12, 2013

our black and white "FamilyTree"




 So my family is really into family history.  We tell our kids stories about their great great grandparents and call them "ancestor stories".  So I had the idea this year to include our heritage on our tree and call it a "family tree"  We went back 5 generations from our kids on both sides. 

                                              

                                               
I used a toile background for my side,


...and polka dot for my husband's side to distinguish between them.









 For a FREE printout of your own family tree go to familysearch.org and create and account, it is so    very amazing to see names of people appear on your very own family tree!

I added an over-sized monogrammed ornament for each of my own kids to make them know they are a special part of our family tree (i modified an idea I found on pintrest, YES I did paint these white, they were formerly gold and I added a black vinyl sticker.)




 Here it is: our family tree

kind of a switch from last year right?

No comments:

Post a Comment